- Barger, B., Squires, J., Greer, M., Noyes-Grosser, D., Eile, J. M., Rice, C., … & Zubler, J. (2019). State Variability in Diagnosed Conditions for IDEA Part C Eligibility. Infants & Young Children, 32(4), 231-244.
- Barger, B., Larson, L., et al. (2019, accepted). Community tree canopy coverage predicts lower conduct problem severity in children with autism. Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities.
- Barger, B. et al. (2019). Temperament similarities and differences: A comparison of factor structures from the behavioral style questionnaire in children with and without autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 49(5), 1749-1762.
- Barger, B., Rice, C., & Roach, A. (2019, accepted). Developmental screening and monitoring together best predict preschool early intervention receipt. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Bauman, S., LaFleur, R., Heggs, A., Vinoski, E., Graybill, E., Barger, B., Crenshaw, M., & Crimmins, D. (2019, in press). Introducing cultural competence training into a disability leadership program: Receptions and recommendations. Journal of Cultural Diversity.
- Chodron, G., Pizur-Barkenow, K., Viehwhig, S., Puk-Ament, A., & Barger, B. (2019). Childcare providers’ attitudes, knowledge, and practice related to developmental monitoring to promote early identification and referral. Early Child Development and Care, 1-15.
- Ellis, J. A., Brown, C. M., Barger, B., & Carlson, N. S. (2019). Influence of maternal obesity on labor induction: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health, 64(1), 55-67.
- Roach, A. T., Dispenza, F., Zeligman, M., Stair, A., & Kelley, B. (2019). Evaluating the availability and quality of HIV/AIDS services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Ethnicity and Disability.
- Roach, A., Mhende, J., & Barger, B. (2019, in press). Evaluation of an integrated mindfulness parenting program with parents of young children in a low-SES neighborhood. Georgia Journal of Public Health.
- Roach, A.T. et al. (2019). Introduction to school psychology: Controversies and current practice. In M. K. Burns (Ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Talapatra, D., Roach, A. T., Varjas, K., Houchins, D. E., & Crimmins, D. B. (2019). Transition services for students with intellectual disabilities: School psychologist’s perceptions. Psychology in the Schools, 56(1), 56-78.
- Thomas, E. V., Wells, R., Baumann, S. D., Graybill, E., Roach, A., Truscott, S. D., … & Crimmins, D. (2019). Comparing Traditional Versus Retrospective Pre-/Post-assessment in an Interdisciplinary Leadership Training Program. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 23(2), 191-200.
- Wiggins, L., Rice, C., Barger, B., et al. (2019). DSM-5 criteria for autism spectrum disorder maintains diagnostic sensitivity and improves diagnostic specificity in preschool children. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 1-9.
- Barger, B., Rice, C. & Roach, A. (2018). Response to Foreman’s commentary on socio-emotional surveillance in preschoolers. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 23(3), 217 – 219.
- Barger, B., Rice, C., Simmons, C. A., & Wolf, R. (2018). A systematic review of part C early identification studies. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 0271121416678664.
- Barger, B., Rice, C., Wolf, B., & Roach, A. (2018). Better together: Developmental screening and monitoring best predict Part C early intervention receipt. Disability and Health Journal 11(3) 420-426.
- Graybill, E. (2018) Cultural norms and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. In E. Braaten (Ed.) The SAGE Encyclopedia of Intellectual and Developmental Disorders. SAGE.
- LaFleur, R. C., Truscott, S., Graybill, E., Crenshaw, M., & Crimmins, D. (2018). Improving culturally congruent health care for children with disabilities: Stakeholder perspectives of cultural competence training in an interdisciplinary leadership training program. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 29(1), 101-111.
- Larson, L., Barger, B., et al. (2018). Green space, gray space, and anxiety in youth with Autism. Health and Place 53, 94 – 102.
- Roach, A. T. (2018). Agents of hope: College and career readiness consultation to support successful transitions. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 1-9.
- Roberts, D. & Roach, A. T. (2018). Facilitating inclusive postsecondary education: A school psychology perspective. The School Psychologist, 72(2), 39-49.
- Roberts, D. A. & Roach, A.T. (2018). Physical activity in inclusive postsecondary education for students with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Postsecondary Education & Disability.
- Talapatra, D., Roach, A.T., Varjas, K., Houchins, D.E., & Crimmins, D.B. (2018). Promoting school psychologist participation in transition services using the TPIE Model. Contemporary School Psychology. 22(1), 18-29.
- Wells, R. et al. (2018). Assessing the feasibility and acceptability of e-portfolios in an inclusive, graduate-level interdisciplinary training program. International Journal of ePortfolio, 8(2), 91-101.
- Wood, L., Roach, A. T., Kearney, M. A., & Zabek, F. (2018). Enhancing executive function skills in preschoolers through a mindfulness‐based intervention: A randomized, controlled pilot study. Psychology in the Schools, 55(6), 644-660.
- Albritton, K., Patton-Terry, N. & Truscott, S.D. (2017). Performance feedback to increase phonological awareness skills in preschoolers at-risk of reading failure. School Psychology Review.
- Barger, B. & Campbell, J. (2017). The five factor personality inventories-children. In Encyclopedia of Personality & Individual Differences. Zeigler-Hill, V. and Shackelford, T. (EdS).
- Barger, B., Moreno, G., & Roach, A.T. (2017). Caretaker awareness of health care provided developmental screening: Increases from 2007 to 2012. Maternal & Child Health Journal, 21(12), 2169-2177.
- Barger, B., Rice, C., & Roach, A. (2017). Socio-emotional surveillance in preschoolers: Monitoring and screening best identify children who need mental health treatment. Child & Adolescent Mental Health.
- Graybill, E., Baker, C. N., Cloth, A., Fisher, S., & Nastasi, B. (2017). An analysis of social justice research in school psychology. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology, 1-13.
- Graybill, E., Heggs, A., Truscott, S., Vinoski, E., Crenshaw, M., & Crimmins, D. (2017). Using the critical incident technique to measure long-term outcomes of interprofessional education. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 31(4), 533-536.
- Meyers, B., Graybill, E., & Grogg, K. (2017) Preparing teachers for data-based decision making and RTI team collaboration. Teacher Education & Practice.
- Shanley Chatham, J. R., Laxmi, A., Graybill, E., & Dube, S. (2017). Understanding the cultural context of spanking among South Indian parents living in the United States. Child Abuse & Neglect.
- Steed, E. A., & Roach, A. T. (2017). Childcare providers’ use of practices to promote young children’s social-emotional competence. Infants & Young Children, 30(2), 162-171.
- Truscott, S. D., Kearney, M. A., Davis, D. E., & Roach, A. T. (2017). Intellectual humility and morality as consultee-centered consultation epistemologies. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 27(1), 126-142.
- Barger, B., Campbell, J., & Simmons, C. (2016). The Relationship between regression in autism spectrum disorder, epilepsy, and atypical epileptiform EEGs: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability, 1-16.
- Crimmins, D. & Heggs, A. (2016). Reaching the unserved and underserved: Medical care in rural and urban settings. In I.L. Rubin, J. Merrick, D.E. Greydanus, & D.R. Patel (Eds.). Rubin and Crocker 3rd Edition: Health Care for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Across the Lifespan. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Graybill, E. C., & Proctor, S. L. (2016). Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth: Limited representation in school support personnel journals. Journal of school psychology, 54, 9-16.
- Vinoski, E., Graybill, E., & Roach, A. (2016). Building self-determination through inclusive extracurricular programs. Teaching Exceptional Children, 48(5), 258-265.
- Graybill, et al. (2015). Including the family in interdisciplinary team meetings: Communication trend analysis. Small Group Research, 47, 3-27. doi: 10.1177/1046496415604028
- Ziomek-Daigle, J., Goodman-Scott, E., Cavin, J., & Donohue, P. (2016, September). Incorporating a multi-tiered system of supports into school counselor preparation. The Professional Counselor, 6(3), 220-232.
- Graybill, E. C., Varjas, K., Meyers, J., Dever, B. V., Greenberg, D., Roach, A. T., & Morillas, C. (2015). Demographic trends and advocacy experiences of gay–straight alliance advisors. Journal of LGBT Youth, 12(4), 436-461.
- Raspa, M., Levis, D.M., Kish-Doto, J., Wallace, I., Rice, C., Barger, B., … & Wolf, R. B. (2015). Examining parents’ experiences and information needs regarding early identification of developmental delays: Qualitative research to inform a public health campaign. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, 36(8), 575-585.
- Roach, A. T., Kurz, A., & Elliott, S. N. (2015). Facilitating opportunity to learn for students with disabilities with instructional feedback data. Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth, 59(3), 168-178.
- Ziomek-Daigle, J., & Cavin, J. (2015). Shaping youth and families through positive behavior support: A call for counselors. The Family Journal, 23(4), 368-373.
- Albritton, K. & Truscott, S.D. (2014). Professional development to increase problem-solving skills in a Response to intervention framework. Contemporary School Psychology. 18, 44-58. 10.1007/s40688-013-0008-0
- Crimmins, D. & Graybill, E. (2014). The positive behavior support video project. International Journal of Positive Behavior Support. Spring, 47-48.
- Graybill, E., et al (2014). Addressing disparities in parent education: Examining the effects of the Learn the Signs/Act Early parent education materials on parent outcomes. Early Childhood Education Journal. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s10643-014-0680-3
- Roach, A.T., Lawton, K., & Elliott, S.N. (2014). Best practices in facilitating and evaluating intervention integrity. In A. Thomas & P. Harrison (Eds.) Best Practices in School Psychology: Data-Based and Collaborative Decision-Making. (pp. 133-146). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Albers, C.A., Elliott, S.N., Kettler, R J., & Roach, A.T. (2013). Evaluating outcomes within problem-solving-based assessment. In R.Brown-Chidsey & K.J. Andren (Eds.), Assessment for intervention: A problem-solving approach (2nd ed.) (pp. 344-360). New York:Guilford Press
- Arno, S.L., Miller, S.E., Wade, K., Pinkelton, M.P., & Sloan, J. (2013) Things to consider when starting an inclusive post-secondary education program: Informational document for institutions of higher education to use when considering starting an inclusive post-secondary education program.
- Carboni, J. A., Roach, A. T., & Fredrick, L.D. (2013). Impact of mindfulness training on the behavior of elementary students with attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder. Research in Human Development, 10(3), 234-251.
- Cavin, J., & Harrell, A. (2013, November). Collaborating to support inclusion through the use of positive behavior supports. Poster presented at the 2013 Association of University Centers on Disabilities annual meeting, Washington DC.
- Eckhardt, C.I., Murphy, C.M., Whitaker, D.J., Sprunger, J., Samper, R., & Woodard, K. (2013). The effectiveness of intervention programs for perpetrators and victims of intimate partner violence, Partner Abuse, 4, 196-231.
- Elliott, S.N., Rodriguez, M.C., Roach, A.T., Beddow III, P.A., Kettler, R.J., & Kurz, A. (2013). Consortium for Modified Alternate Assessment Development and Implementation: Lessons Learned. In Thurlow, M. L., Lazarus, S. S., & Bechard, S. (Eds.). (2013). Lessons learned in federally funded projects that can improve the instruction and assessment of low performing students with disabilities. (pp. 167-204). Minneapolis, MN: National Center for Educational Outcomes.
- Fundrebunk, B., Chaffin, M., Bard, D., Bard, E., Shanley, J.R., Fortson, B., & Berliner, L. (September 2013). Use of technology to enhance Parent Child Interaction Therapy consultation and improve client outcomes. Parent Child Interaction Therapy International Convention. Boston, MA.
- Graybill, E., C., Varjas, K., Meyers, J., Greenberg, D., & Roach, A.T. (2013). Using a participatory culture-specific model to increase the effectiveness of social justice courses in school psychology. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology, 1(4), 2017-230.
- Guastaferro, K.M., Lutzker, J.R., Jabaley, J.J., Shanley, J.R., & Crimmins, D.B. (2013). Teaching young mothers to identify developmental milestones. International Journal of Child Health and Human Development. 6(2), 223-233.
- La Salle, T.P., Roach, A.T., & McGrath, D.C. (2013). The relationship of IEP quality to curricular access and academic achievement for students with disabilities. International Journal of Special Education, 28, (1). Available at: http://www.internationaljournalofspecialeducation.com/articles.cfm
- McDaniel, S., Albritton, K., & Roach, A.T. (2013). Highlighting the need for further response to intervention research in general education. Research in Higher Education, 20. Available online at: http://www.aabri.com/manuscripts/131467.pdf
- Robins, D., (Chair)(2013, March). Critical issues in toddler screening for autism spectrum disorders. Symposium presented at the Southeastern Psychological Association 59th Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Crimmins, D., Ala’i-Rosales, S., & Gerhardt, P.F. (2012). Afterword: Reflections on the convocation (pp. 287-296). In P. Gerhardt and D. Crimmins (Eds.), Social skills and adaptive behavior in learners with autism spectrum disorders: Current status and future directions. Baltimore, MD. Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company.
- Crimmins, D., Van Rie, V., Lutzker, J.R. (2012). Bringing social competence interventions to scale in ASD: Our next challenge (211-217). In P. Gerhardt & D. Crimmins (Eds.), Social skills and adaptive behavior in learners with autism spectrum disorders: Current status and future directions. Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD.
- Gaskin, E.H., Lutzker, J.R., Crimmins, D.B., & Robinson, L. (2012). Using a digital frame and pictorial information to enhance SafeCare parent-infant interactions module with a mother with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities. 5 (2)
- Gerhardt, P.F., & Crimmins, D. (2012). Preface (pp. xv-xviii). In P. Gerhardt & D. Crimmins (Eds.), Social skills and adaptive behavior in learners with autism spectrum disorders: Current status and future directions. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes
- Gerhardt, P.F., Crimmins, D. (2012). The middle school dance: A mother’s answer (pp.231). In P. Gerhardt & D. Crimmins (Eds.) Social skills and adaptive behavior in learners with autism spectrum disorders: Current status and future directions. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes
- Khowaja, M., & Robins, D.L., (2012) Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT). In F. Volkmar (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders. New York: Springer.
- Boyle CL, Sanders MR, Lutzker JR, Prinz RJ, Shapiro C, & Whitaker DJ (2009). An analysis of training, generalization, and maintenance effects of primary care Triple P for parents of preschool-aged children with disruptive behavior. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, DOI 10.1007/s10578-009-0156-7.
- Jolivette, K., McCormick, K., McLaren, E., & Steed, E.A. (2009). Opportunities for young children to make choices in a model interdisciplinary and inclusive preschool classroom. Infants and Young Children, 22(4), 279-289.
- Farrell, A., & Crimmins, D. (Spring/Summer 2007). Coping with disaster: Helping children with cognitive disabilities. In Impact: Feature Issue on Disaster Preparedness and People with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities, Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota.
- Crimmins, D., Farrell, A.F., Smith, P.W., & Bailey, A. (2007). Positive Strategies for Students with Behavior Problems. Baltimore: Brooks Publishing Co.
- Crimmins, D.B., & Farrell, A.F. (2006). Individualized behavioral supports at 15 years: It’s still lonely at the top. Research and Practice in Severe Disabilities, 31 (1), 31-45.
Under Review / In Press
- Barger, B., Nava, N., & Salmon, A. (in revision). Predictive validity of a strengths and difficulty questionnaire in children with autism, developmental delays and other developmental disabilities. American Academy of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities.
- Barnett, J., Graybill, E., Barger, B., & Roach, A. (under review). Mental health awareness training: Trainee confidence in their ability to demonstrate skills. Advances in School Mental Health Promotion.
- Bialo, J., Roach, A.T., & Van Norman, E. (under review). Implementation of positive behavioral interventions and supports and disproportional disciplinary outcomes. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions.
- Bracken, P. & Barger, B. (under review). How low can you go? Exploring subgroup size variance in complex survey data. Sage Methodology Compilation Book Chapter.
- Chodron, G., Barger, B. , Pizur-Barkenow, K., Viehwhig, S., & Puk-Ament, A. (under review). Impact of Watch Me! training on childcare professionals knowledge and attitudes about monitoring development to identify and refer for delay. Maternal and Child Health Journal.
- Crimmins, D., Heggs, A., & Wells, R. (in press). Epidemiology, Historical Changes. In E. Braaten (Ed.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Intellectual and Developmental Disorders.
- Esch, R.C., Truscott, S., Graybill, E., Crenshaw, M., & Crimmins, D. (under review). Nothing about us without us: Stakeholder perspectives of cultural competence training in an interdisciplinary leadership training program. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved.
- Graybill, E., & Mautz, K. (in preparation) Using a participatory approach to organizational behavioral consultation in schools. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research.
- Graybill, E., & Varjas, K. (in press) A commitment to social justice: Professional and ethical issues from a multicultural perspective. In E. C. Lopez, S. G. Nahari, & S. L. Proctor (Eds.) The Handbook of Multicultural School Psychology: An Interdisciplinary Perspective (2nd Ed.). Routledge Press.
- Graybill, E., Cavin, J., & Crimmins, D. (in preparation). Using animated video modeling to increase social and communication skills. Beyond Behavior.
- Graybill, E., Vinoski, E., Strong, M., Varjas, K., & Meyers, J. (In Press). Examining the outcomes of students with disabilities in a bullying/victimization intervention. School Psychology Forum.
- Irby, L., Graybill, E., & White, C. (resubmit). American father perspectives of breastfeeding and how it affects breastfeeding rates. Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association.
- Johnson, C., Hartel, D., Kuehler, E., Zarnach, S., Aba, E., & Barger, B. (revised and resubmitted). The city in a forest: Environmental justice implications of Atlantas urban forest. Human Ecology Review.
- Jones, C., Graybill, E., Barger, B. , & Roach, A. (under review). Examining the predictive validity of behavior screeners across measures and respondents. School Mental Health.
- Kira, A. & Barger, B. (under review). The threshold non-linear model for the effects of cumulative stressors and traumas: A chained cusp catastrophe analysis. International Journal of Psychology.
- Kira, I., Barger, B., Shuwiekh, H., Kucharska, J. & Al-Huwailah, A. (under review). Cumulative stressors and traumas and suicide: A non-linear cusp dynamic systems model. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior.
- Kurz, A., Elliott, S.N., & Roach, A.T. (in press). Addressing the missing instructional data problem: Using an online measure of opportunity to learn to document Tier 1 instruction. Remedial and Special Education.
- Moore, D., Baggett, K., & Barger, B. (under revision). Measuring parent mediated support of social communication among toddlers with autism: A systematic review. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education.
- Roach, A., Barger, B., & Graybill, E. (revise resubmit). The Factor Structure of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment.
- Roach A.T., & Bialo, J. (In press). Alignment. In B. Frey (Ed.), The Sage Encyclopedia of Research, Measurement, and Evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
- Salmon, A., Barger, B., Graybill, E., & Roach, A. (under revision). Examining the predictive validity of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire using office discipline referrals. Journal of School Psychology.
- Smith, J., Graybill, E. C., Quinn, A., Varjas, K., Meyers, J., & Watson, L. B. (under review). An inside look at gay-straight alliances: From the perspective of gay-straight alliance advisors. Professional School Counseling.
- Talapatra, D., Roach, A.T., Varjas, K., Houchins, D.E. & Crimmins, D.B. (under review). Students with intellectual disabilities: Increasing school psychologists roles. Contemporary School Psychology.
- Talapatra, D., Roach, A.T., Varjas, K., Houchins, D.E. & Crimmins, D.B. (under review). Transition services for students with intellectual disabilities: School psychologists perceptions and experiences. Journal of Applied School Psychology.
- Wells, R., Barger, B., Rice, C., & Crimmins, D.B. (under revision). Medical home associated with reduced likelihood of early intervention receipt. Academic Pediatrics.
- Wells, R., Bracken, P., Barger, B. , Rice, C., & Crimmins, D. (under revision). Differential benefits of the medical home for children with special healthcare needs: Findings from the NS-CSHCN. Academic Pediatrics.
- Wells, R., Bracken, P., Barger, B. , Rice, C., & Crimmins, D. (under revision). Medical home associated with reduced likelihood of early intervention receipt. Disability and Health.
- Wiggins, L., Rubenstein, E., Windham, G., Barger, B., et al. (under review). Do sex based differences in preschool development influence early identification of children with autism spectrum disorder? Child Development.