My Voice. My Participation. My Board.
Leadership Training for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Are you a person with an intellectual or developmental disability?
- Have you ever been in a meeting where you had trouble understanding what was going on?
- Are you interested in being on a board of directors or an advisory council?
- Do you want people to hear you?
- Do you want to advocate for yourself or your peers with disabilities?
- Would you like to learn important skills for being on boards and councils?
APPLY FOR TRAINING NOW AT https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MVMPMB2015.
We will be admitting 10 trainees with intellectual and developmental disabilities for the Winter 2015 training.
Trainees must have participated in a self-advocacy training such as Partners in Policymaking or Voices that Count OR currently be serving on a board of directors or advisory council.
January 9/10, February 6/7, & March 6/7, 2015
(The training is a 6 day training, and you must be available for all six training dates)
Location: Savannah, GA
The Center for Leadership in Disability will pay for your and your supporter’s hotel (for those more than 30 miles away), food, and transportation costs associated with the training.
For questions, contact Susanna Miller at [email protected] or 404-413-1013