Nationally Recognized Leader in Self-Advocacy to Address Board Leadership Training

ATLANTA – The Center for Leadership in Disability (CLD) is proud to announce Elizabeth Weintraub will deliver the keynote address at the second installment of the My Voice. My Participation. My Board. training this Friday July 11th in Decatur.

Weintraub is a Self-Advocacy Specialist with the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) in Silver Spring, MD. She is a powerful voice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the United States, who are often unheard and unnoticed. She was recently re-appointed as a member of the President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. Weintraub has also been active with Self Advocates Becoming Empowered and the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council.

My Voice. My Participation. My Board. is a series of leadership training sessions for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who want to contribute to their communities through board and council participation. Training organizer Susanna Miller of CLD states, “We are honored that Liz will be here to speak to our participants. She has such vast experience and knowledge to share on the importance of advocating, not only for yourself, but also for your community and even your country. We think that people are going to love her presentation.”

For more information on the My Voice. My Participation. My Board program visit the CLD website at http://disability.publichealth.gsu.edu/2014/04/02/voice-participation-board/.

The Center for Leadership in Disability at Georgia State is one of 67 University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services across the country.  Since 2008, it has been housed within the Center for Healthy Development and the School of Public Health at Georgia State University. Its mission is to translate research into sustainable community practices that contribute to independent, self-determined, inclusive, and productive lives for people with disabilities and their families.

###

CONTACT:

Susanna Miller
Center for Leadership in Disability
404.413.1013
[email protected]