Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference (GAPBS)
Registration Now Open!
Early Registration: July 1-August 31
Late Registration: September 1-November 17
*Registration information is available in the FAQ section.
What is the mission of GAPBS?
- The Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support (GAPBS) is a network of the national Association for Positive Behavior Support (APBS; apbs.org). The purpose of the GAPBS network is to increase the visibility of positive behavior support in our state. The network aims to provide a collaborative statewide effort to disseminate positive behavior support practices. The network supports a range of persons interested in promoting positive behavior support capacity building initiatives, promoting the use of positive practices, and promoting membership in the national APBS organization.
Why should I attend the GAPBS Conference?
- Each year, this conference brings together educators, interventionists, family members, clinicians and community partners to share research, information and resources regarding positive behavior supports and the lasting impact they have upon our homes, schools and community.
What should I know about the 10th annual GAPBS conference?
- Theme: “Connecting School, Community and Home Through Positive Behavior Support”
- Dates: November 28-29th, 2017
- Location: Infinite Energy Center in Duluth, Georgia
Who will be speaking at this year’s conference?
Dr. George Sugai, PhD, a Special Education Professor at the University of Connecticut and the Co-Director of the Center for Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports will be our keynote speaker this year. His primary interests are positive behavior support, systems change, personnel preparation, behavioral disorders, social skills instruction, behavioral consultation, behavioral assessment procedures, applied behavior analysis and strategies for effective school-wide, classroom, and individual behavior management.
- Featured Speakers:
- Daniel Crimmins, PhD: Director of the Center for Leadership in Disability at Georgia State University
- Richard Woods: Georgia’s School Superintendent
- Justin Hill: Program Manager for Georgia Department of Education’s Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports department
- Joseph (Jody) Barrow: Fayette County School Superintendent
- Susan Barrett: Director, Director of Mid-Atlantic PBIS Network
- Katie Dempsey: Georgia State Representative for District 13
How do I register for the conference?
** Presenters must register by August 31, 2017! **
*The volunteer discount is available in exchange for working a 4 hour volunteer shift during the conference. To sign up as a volunteer and receive the discount code, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer slots are limited.
What are the approved payment methods?
Please send all purchase orders and checks to the following address:
Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support
Attn: Charlena Gatlin
Center for Leadership in Disability
Georgia State University
75 Piedmont Avenue NE, Suite 514
Atlanta, GA 30303
If you are paying for multiple registrants with one check or purchase order, please include a memo alongside the payment. The memo should include the names of everyone being covered by the payment. This allows us to confirm that everyone has paid properly.
How can I become an exhibitor or sponsor for GAPBS?
- We have two exhibitor types:
- Non Profit/Individual ($259)
- For Profit ($399)
- We have 4 sponsorship levels:
- Bronze ($100-$199)
- Silver ($200-$299)
- Gold ($300-$499)
- Platinum ($500+)
- If you are interested in being either an exhibitor or sponsor, please contact us at email@example.com
Whom do I contact if I have questions about the conference?
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do you recommend that attendees stay during the conference?
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
2040 Sugarloaf Cir, Duluth, GA 30097
Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
1940 Satellite Blvd, Duluth, GA 30097
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta
3450 Venture Pkwy NW, Duluth, GA 30096
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
3530 Venture Pkwy NW, Duluth, GA 30096
Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel
3670 Shackleford Rd, Duluth, GA 30096
Courtyard Atlanta Gwinnett Mall
3550 Venture Pkwy NW, Duluth, GA 30096
LaQuinta Inn: Duluth
2370 Stephens Center Drive
Duluth, GA 30096
Holiday Inn: Gwinnett Center
6310 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097
Is lunch included in our registration fee?
Which food trucks will be at this year’s conference?
Can I receive CEU credit for attending this conference?
Marriage and Family Therapists
*(for more info, please
reference text below)
Department of Early Care and Learning
(Bright from the Start)
|6 clock hours/$25|
|School Psychologist (NASP)||12.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Hours/$25|
Is there a conference app that I can download?
How much does it cost to park at the Infinite Energy Center?
Click the link below to learn more about how to access the Infinite Energy Center:
Parking and Directions
To receive updates about the GAPBS conference and our organization, please complete the form below. This is a great way to learn more about conference speakers, food options, CEUs, sponsors and much, much more!