My Voice. My Participation. My Board.
Board of Directors and Council Member Training
· Have you ever felt like your voice was not being heard?
· Have you ever been in a meeting where you had trouble understanding what was going on?
· Are you interested in being on a board of directors or an advisory council?
· Do you want people to hear you?
· Do you want to advocate for people with disabilities?
· Would you like to learn important skills for being on boards and councils?
· Many boards and councils want YOU!
· They want you to contribute to the way they make decisions.
· We are offering a training program to prepare you for board and council membership.
Be the best board or council member you can be!
We are looking for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the talent and viewpoints to help the work of boards of directors and advisory councils.
Training Dates for 2014
May 9-10, June 13-14 & July 11&12
Training Location: Decatur, GA (exact location TBD)
APPLY FOR TRAINING NOW!
For questions, contact Susanna Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-1013
The Center for Leadership in Disability will pay for your hotel (for those more than 30 miles away), food, and transportation costs associated with the training.
Training presented by:
CLD is a University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service (UCEDD) and manages a Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) Program. CLD operates as a program within the School of Public Health at Georgia State University.